Sunday, September 30, 2012

Society and Lost Soiety

    So here's my review on Society in Silver Spring, MD. The atmospher was absolutely sexy. Great ambiance and the food was divine. My girl Ella had  the Caribbean Rolls - A combination of grilled seasonal vegetables, chicken, and cheese.  Served with a side of mango avocado dip. She also had a curry infused hash and shrimp, Delish!! I had the Red Snapper - Pan seared snapper topped with calypso sauce and stuffed with jumbo lump crab meat.  Served with sauteed spinach and carrot pilaf. Heaven!!

The music was horrible and I took a swig of Toni's drink to help me out. By the way Toni, whatever that was, was NASTY lol!!!! I am sorry, I am not a drinker, occasional wine here and there but the hard stuff you can keep. Back to the music...did I mention it was horrible. It seemed like the DJ had not updated his playlist since the late 80's. I kept ribbing my girl who happens to be a legendary DJ in New York. I joked that I know she wanted to throw herself on a dull knife having to endure the mess he was spinning on the turntables. We had a good time regardless and made the best of the music. If you are looking to have a great meal and have access to downtown Silver Spring, stop into Society. If you are looking to hear good music...leave after dinner and go somewhere else.

Ella and I  headed down to U street, her idea not mine. I really wanted to go home. There I was in a sea of inebriated young 20's through early 30's.....not exactly where I wanted to be. I had to indulge my friend, after all I dodged this same situation a couple of weeks ago, so I had to make it up to her. Lost Society is a young, colorblind preppy, trendy bar lounge. The decor was simple but beautiful and everyone looked like they modeled for the Gap or Benneton lol. The music, was hot!!! A great mix of disco meets house. No Biggie or even Madonna....just great pulsing instrumentals. Wait staff was cool except for a couple, they need to work on how they move about the crowd of patrons. I did not taste the food, but will be back to visit and see what they are working with. Again I have been there done that when it comes to the club , lounge scene...so I was more than over it. If you are looking for a young trendy spot, Lost Society is the place for you.

No comments: