Saturday, July 28, 2012

Resourcefulness

Resourcefulness is a good trait to have. I was able to snag some uniform pants from the thrift store for my lil one. Momma will redye them and then take them to the cleaners to have them double starched. All that's left is school supplies and some brand new shirts. You have to do what you have to do when you are on a budget and if you're not...why not try and save some money anyway. So parents...be resourceful!! If you don't have it and your money has to be placed in other areas...think of ways like I did with the thrift store to save. My car leaks on the inside and overheats...so my money is placed elsewhere. It's important for me to make sure the lil one has a great summer, food on the table and all the bills paid, so shopping smart helps.

Thank God the guy that looks at my car came by , I know he won't kill me on price and I'll still be able to take my baby somewhere cool. When you have bills and kids, you can only do your best in preparing for anything. Folks who don't have kids...just ignore them..."they ain't about that life", and have not a leg to stand on...all they will be able to give is examples of what they have seen others do...but have never actually do the work themselves.

Parents, if you are trying to save money and want to do something nice for yourself. Go to the Hair School instead of the salon...or do like I do and get with your friends and do each others hair...works for me. I called myself treating myself to getting my hair done for Mother's Day...spent $100.00. The hair was super fab...but I knew going forward I could not keep that up financially. Called my homegirl who braids her booty off...paid her $25.00 and finished up myself...WHALAH!

I encourage you , parents or not to be resourceful. Perhaps one day, I will use my thrifty ways to finally take a real vacation somewhere warm and on a tropical island with an umbrella in my drink as I watch the lil one play in the sand. Until that time, work and school.....pressing for a better tomorrow.

No comments: