Friday, January 18, 2013

Not Just an Ex

It's 3:08, my 2nd boyfriend ever mother died...just found out. I was there when his dad died well over 15 years ago and now Momma Noel is gone.

He gave me my third dog, kept that dog for almost 15 years... I was 21 when he gave him to me. I was over the moon ,when I was able to return the favor, and give him my dog when I had to move. I know that dog has been great source of companion ship, and reminds him of his first dog bear that he had when we first met.. My ex and I are close, like brother and sister, was even going to help him and his ex plan their wedding. We've been in each others lives through sickness and in health mainly the sickness and God pulled him through each and every time and I'm so thankful I'm hurting for him right now. Our love and respect run deep and wide. I remember his dad,Pastor Noel picking me up early every Sunday morning to come to church to fellowship. His family became mine, and mine his.

I can't imagine losing a parent, so right now my mind is wandering racing a mile a minute, just like the rest of the family.
My heart hurts right now. He's not just my ex ,he's my brother he's my family and I'm praying he is ok.

We would hang out and fall into our old ways of laughing and joking like we had never missed a beat. I don't have a lot of exes but like him and a couple of others we are great friends ,and they are now like my brothers always looking out, keeping a watchful eye over me. They'll always be there for me, just like I'll always be there for them. Gosh this sucks, but I know God is in control.

No comments: