Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Moving On Up

   What an amazing day. I get an opportunity to see where and what God has delivered me from and I am so thankful. I start to smile and do a little dance when I think of where I started and where I am....I swear a bolt of excitement rushes through me. I am still so happy about my Lab grade today. My professor and I had a long conversation about how I need to bare down more and shed. I need to get on my keyboard and shed until I can't anymore. He's right and I respect him. We shared an amazing laugh over my approach to a scale classically by solfège verses his straight on Jazz scales. Talk about funny class time. I miss my Classical mentor, she taught me so much.

    I swear the devil will try to have you believe your life is based on people, places and things. Everything I went through in life I am thankful for. I couldn't say that some years ago. I thought I was supposed to be a slave to my circumstances. Your past does not define you people! Though I had some very traumatic experiences, I have also seen God shine and have some really beautiful ones. Those ALWAYS outweigh the bad, always.

    My sister and I say all the time we should have been dead a long time ago. I think about how many times I watched my life flash before my eyes, all before the age of 20. The whole time, my dreams of creativity were flourishing, they never stopped. Between, my music, writing, modeling and acting, I still found a way to do it. I still was blessed to have amazing mentors who nurtured me along the way. So to all musicians, I get you. We may not have the same back story, but I understand you, we speak the same language. My story expresses , love, pain, happiness, God's grace, confusion and so much more Thank God for now being able to have clarity and to have learned and still learning from my life experiences. I am in the works of something life changing , that will allow others to experience what I have been talking about. Well, It's homework time, check ya laters.


 

No comments: