Saturday, October 20, 2012

Family

I don't know what I would do without my family. I can't imagine having to be raised by anyone else other than my Mom. I can't imagine bringing adopted or growing up in foster care. Having sisters and brothers I don't know about. I can't imagine it and grateful I have what I have. Good bad and indifferent, it's a gang load of us spanning the globe.

Spanish, Chinese, Caucasian, African American, Afro Guyanese, you name it....I love our family get togethers all under a Caribbean umbrella. I see our ancestors in the faces or our elders and us the offspring.

I was asked the other day what race/ethnicity did I identify with the most and my answer was Carribean...but I'm still plugged into all the others as well .I give thanks today for my family....for having family. Amen

No comments: