Monday, August 06, 2012

Communicating To Our Children

The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.

My child and I are extremely close. He refers to me as his best friend. I can't tell you how many times a day we swap hugs, kisses, and play. It's to the point where my own mom says " You two are sickening" I laughed so hard when she said that, we are in love what do you expect lol. I LOVE MY CHILD, I LOVE BEING A MOM!!

I find myself whispering words of encouragement and telling him, I will always love and support him. I tell him, that he will grow up to be a brilliant, loving, kind human being, and that  he will make an impact in this world. I tell him, he is willing and capable to be anything he wants. This may seem heavy because my beautiful little person is only four...but I speak God, life, prosperity, health, safety, wealth, love,perverseness..etc into his life.

When he's walking across that stage at the top of his graduating class to receive his Doctorate,I want him to hear me in his head saying "Son, I love you and I will always support you....you were born to be great."

I remember being pregnant with him, scared, alone...I would stand up, hold my belly and pace the floor of my tiny apartment. I would do this and start my conversations with God. I would go to him like I always did... and start to worship. I would give thanks, ask for strength and guidance to raise this child. I would ask that my child be a beacon of light to others, a leader, to love God wholeheartedly. So far the Lord has not failed me yet and I don't believe he ever will. 

Love on your kids, they are invaluable!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to say THANK YOU! Thank you for all that you did and will continue to do for children. I know I came in and looked in from time to time,I knew my child was in good care. He has fallen in love with you, so much so that when I bring up the new school year, he said he didn't want his teacher...he wanted Miss Kisha! You and Miss Meg.
"But Mommy, I just love Miss Kisha and Miss Meg, can they come to my house???"

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for the love!!! I sooo enjoyed your baby this summer! You're an awesome parent so it makes my job easier!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!!! I am doing my best, I want to always be visible and supportive to not just him, but to people like you who will help in his success along the way.