Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Ramblings

So I missed work yesterday due to the Iraq like explosions that have been going off in my neighborhood. It's bad enough that I barely sleep anymore because I can't get comfortable but I am usually in a light sleep only to be startled by the fireworks. They sound like the world is coming to an end and it's usually followed by car alarms and childish laughter. This usually goes on into the wee hours of the night and usually end about 3 am. Fun right? Wrong so wrong.
I did get some sleep last night due to the fact the police literally posted up outside my building. The Housing Authority has taken over the building along with the police and I am just waiting to see what will happen next. They want us to move but have nowhere for us to go. I know GOD will provide and I am just done with worrying about it. If push comes to shove I will lock my stuff up in storage and find a shelter.My friends who want me to move in with them but I am not interested in a temporary home,I love them dearly for the effort but I got to take care of myself. It's not a pride thing but I have been placed in this situation for a reason I am a learning lessons from it everyday.

My mother is that type of woman, and she did all she could and had to do to provide a stable home for my sisters and me, why should I do any different. Ah the joys of being a single mother. My hats off to the women who came before me and worked it out. I thought about that as I climbed the urine drenched stairs. I usually get a thought or two when I have to climb them due to the continued elevator outages. I know some folk’s wonder why don't I just move and I just laugh on the inside. Where in the world am I going to go? Has anyone seen the prices for rent and mortgages lately? All I can do is trust that God will continue to provide food and shelter for us and I am done letting the devil see my tears. I could be worse off, no food, no home, no job, no friends and family. I thank God for all my blessings even when things seem to be the darkest. Sometimes things can be so overwhelming and you just don't know which way to turn, eventually once I get the strength I turn to God and just cry out...Help me.

So my AC is on the fake out and I literally sweat it out all night because it will pretend to come on and then decide it has better things to do. I have my trusty fan that does the best it can by me and I appreciate the loyalty.

I can fit my shoes again, let's see how long that last.

I tried to get comfortable in bed the other day and my baby had other plans. I went to pull myself over and turn and once I did I felt the craziest pain. I don't know if it was the head or the butt or an arm but it was poking out so much it hurt. I vowed to myself to be more careful next time because it was not a good feeling. I love to watch my tummy jump and move as my child gets into any position it dang well chooses. Someone asked me If I talked to my baby and I said no, I only said no because I thought It was a stupid question. If you know me then you know I talk to my child and pray for my child and even rub my belly to somehow bond and transfer some love to my child... Do I talk to my child, funny question. If you don't know that I do then it is safe to assume you don't know much about me.

So far I have been trying to enjoy my summer with fun filled activates. I have surrounded myself with people who love me and know what it's like to relax and have a good time. I have been to Canaan Valley which I plan on going back to in August and VA beach my favorite place to play in the water. I have a NYC trip planned to visit my Auntie who is overjoyed about my pregnancy. I really want to go back to the beach again just once more. I love VA beach for some reason. I have to make the best of my summer and I have twice the excitement for next.

I have a tendency to say things at times that folks don’t get are a jokes, come on really can't you tell when I am being a smart butt. If we aint cool, what makes you think I am not going to be sarcastic with you.

No comments: