Monday, July 30, 2007

Who Cares?

Who really cares for you? I have been living in Temple Court Apartments for a good deal of my life. I look at the situation around me and feel like I have failed my child. We are at the point where we have to wait it out and see what and if they will give us anything. Thanks to gentrification in most of the urban communities the average working joe and barely afford rent much less a house. I am one of those average joes barely making it with a child on the way. I used to think I had it all planned out. I would use this place as a stepping stone, fall in love, get married to a wonderful man, have a child and join forces to achieve some of the American dream.

None of those things happened, and now I am amongst the ranks of all the others who are really struggling. I look at my government and think they don't care. Between low pay rates, horrible health care, unaffordable housing, war, do we really stand a chance.
I am trying my best to be optimistic and keep my head up every time i enter the stench drenched hallway of my building. I try not to cry as I see rat droppings in my clothing draws and fear I will be stuck here for another year. I have called the housing authority, signed petitions, attended meeting and I guess it falls on deaf ears. Who cares for you? I lay in my bed as I watch the roaches crawl across my walls and think, my city officials don't have this worry. They don’ts have to worry about there safety or welfare.

Let's see what happens because a change has got to come.

No comments: