Thursday, June 14, 2007

What would I do without you...

So my mother was hit by a car on June 12, 2007. I just thank God she is not dead or left handicapped. I was notified while at work and just lost it. I hate feeling helpless and not being to always be there for the people I love. I understand that I can't be everywhere all the time but damn. My mother has always sacrificed and worked hard for her family and to know she is hurting and not wanting for anything to causes me distress. Sometimes I wonder what more can happen in my life. I really believe the devil tries to show his face every chance he gets. I just keep asking God to give me strength to keep my head up and press on regardless of the situation.

I find myself calling on the Lord more and more and asking him to keep me and my loved ones in his unchanging hand. This world can be a hard place to live at times. We all seem to be living check to check or worrying about the war. We have our brothers and sisters dying in Darfur and in many other places around the world. Crime is an everyday thing. Somewhere in the madness we have to ask God for peace and guidance. I am not saying I am perfect but I am trying to live a good life. I have to stay in constant prayer to remember that God will always heal a broken heart and make a way out of what may seem impossible. I have very human moments where I can't help but to worry because I can't see what the end result is. I ask God in those times to just keep the tears from falling and to keep my heart open and understanding of what he wants for me.

So let's see, mom was threatened 2 weeks ago, caught 2 mice, one died on top of my stove (gross), a horrible cold, no sleep because I am so uncomfortable now that my stomach is growing, no ac, no elevators (most of the time), car troubles (leaving me broke), mother getting hit by a car, uncertain of where we will live, and pregnant. I could go on and on but I won't because I have to keep praising him. I have to give him all the glory in my life because I am still standing. You may think that your life is so horrible but trust me when I say there is someone else who has it worse. I thank God for all I have and all he will bless me with.

My mother is still with me, she may be beaten and bruised but she's still here thank God, I am so very blessed.

No comments: