Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lessons about Love and the Experience of Pregnancy

I ran across some literature to give some understanding... a little prayer helped as well because I am always willing to learn, especially the word of God. I am always on a search for him and what his will is in my life. I spent so much time upset about where I felt others had failed me or treated me unkind. I am still learning to forgive and let go and to move on. Love is what love does; it's not just words but the actions behind it.There are so many angles that have shown me the spirit of giving. They say when you give you get back ten fold and I feel very blessed. I get emotional when I think of the kindness bestowed upon me,sometimes I don't feel worthy. My friends helping me get my shoes on, to helping me lotion my legs,bringing me food,giving me money, keeping me company,rubbbing my swollen fat feet,my back,praying for me. I see God in them and I feel so blessed. When you think about it, it can be very easy to give others what they need not just what's comfortable for you. Romans 12 speaks to us about how we deal with one another.

Though Christ wants us to love one another we also need to be mindful of those who do not treat us with love and kindness. You do not have to tolerate not being treated well because you are a child of God and he does not want to see any of his children hurting. I really believe that having my family and friends around me has helped to foster a better relationship with my unborn child. So you learn that it is truly in giving that we receive. Love is what love does. My close friends and family are so excited for the birth of this child and I feel so bless that so many people are moved by my pregnancy. Who knew? God knew that this child would come. There were so many health issues I had dealt with in the past and doctors telling me “I need to put you on this medication or that medication". I was basically told if I were to become pregnant I would need assistance. I always had a fear of getting too involved with men because ALL the men I dated seriously in the past at some point proposed marriage and children. I knew I was not ready to marry any of them because I knew that it was not in God's will. I also feared disclosing what seemed to be a physical problem to them for fear I would not fulfill what they needed and would I be rejected. Jacked up right? I needed to learn I was worthy of love regardless and that someone would love me unconditionally.
I am still learning that you come to the realization that you deserve to be treated with love, kindness, sensitivity and respect and you won't settle for less. And you learn that your body really is your temple. And you begin to care for it and treat it with respect. The person who really loves you can demonstrate love and be there no matter what the situation. Love will never leave you lonely; love will be there to whisper in your ear I will catch you if you fall. Love will always fight, Love is what Love Does.

So in all this rambling I have been doing I pray that the love of God fills us all and we go forward in life anew. Lord, open our eyes so that we might see in your word something that speaks to each of us and moves us to action and transformation and we ask this in Christ name. Amen.

No comments: