Monday, April 22, 2013

Come Check Me Out!!!!

So I've been dying to play someone totally out of my character. I've literally been studying a personality type like this for about two years, and now I've been given opportunity. I put it out into the universe and it replied. My friend wrote a brilliant script for her class project and I was offered the role. I'm no longer someone's loving mother or devoted wife, I'm a bitter, scorned ,insecure, narcissistic songstress caught in a love triangle.

I'm mean, rude and even a bit psychotic. It feels good to play a bad girl. Because I wanted to save this character's personality under wraps, I took to Instagram and Facebook...posting what may have looked like a jilted lovers taunts. I had to get out this character's mean or delusional streak out somehow.

Going over lines and allowing the character to totally envelope me was not always an option so if anyone thought I was sad, jilted, mean or scorned via social media....GOOD IT WORKED, NOW COME SEE THE PLAY LOL!

Ladies and Gentleman, as you have never seen me before, I introduce to you, Daisy.

April 25-26th @7pm UDC Blackbox Theatre ,Free, see ya there!!!

No comments: