Saturday, February 13, 2010

You asked I Answer

After having my son I found it very difficult due to the fact that I has no assistance. I recall being tired and in so much pain and asked to move around way before I was physically ready. I did not say anything due to the fact that I was made to feel as if my pain was minimal when I was unknowingly in my early stages of pregnancy. I was exhausted beyond words and was dealing with incredible pain in my back. I was told, what  I was dealing with was nothing. I still worry now that people will think I am being "extra" when I am in pain, so I remain silent. I have to remind myself that is how someone who did not have my best interest treated me and that people who really care about you, will express an urgent concern. So ladies with that said...make sure you have an amazing partner and support team. I was somewhat able to rely on my friends and family and to this day I thank them. Below is so advice you can take to the bank with you.

What can I do to get my home ready for a mom recovering from a c-section?

The new mom recovering from a c-section is recovering from major abdominal surgery. Stairs are often very challenging if not altogether 'banned'. Create a space in the main area of your home for the mom to nest. In my house it was our lay-z-boy in the living room. A table should be nearby and sturdy enough to hold a few books, a telephone (whose ringer can be turned off), a big glass of water and a small plate of snacks. Make sure to have a few pillows of different sizes and shapes on hand - especially if she is breastfeeding. Pillows help the mom support her baby without putting pressure on her healing tummy. Do not expect her to cook and clean for the first few weeks. Recruit help from friends and family, but also remember that a mom recovering from a c-section needs peace and quiet. Now is not the time for her to feel like she must entertain. The sort of help you need is someone to deliver pre-cooked meals for you or whisk away your older children and shower them with some attention.

No comments: