Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Son Rocks!!!

I have an awesome child..I am really blessed. I still can't believe he is mine. I fall in love with him more and more everyday. I swear I have never loved anyone like I love him.

I had a long day and so did he. I took him to school, went to class, came back to his school for Parent Policy Meeting. I have been re-elected for Chairman so documents needed to be signed and the meeting was held, it was a good turn out. After I left there I took Jackson with me back to school. I did makeup for my school's fashion show. Jackson was such a trooper and hung with me back stage until I was done. He eventually asked to go home...long day home at 12 midnight. We were able to get a meal at school, and laid him to bed...now why am I still up lol.


My son rocks,I'm so in love with my little guy. I am going to the The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)conference this weekend. I am going to miss my little guy...funny I have not left yet and already miss him. I can't imagine not being able to see him everyday. Uggghhh and when I have to be away I am missing him badly. Well let me go to sleep and I will holler at you all later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How old is your son? Why is your son bathing with you? This is not healthy: this could damage your child mentaly,emotional,or how he project with little girls/other women....What does your male friend(s)/child father(s) thinks about this????? You should seek assistant/advice on this matter.. There is clearly a problem if you think there is not a problem discuss this with the school facilator... Keep your head up...Good Luck

Febuary's Girl said...

I need not seek anyone's advice about this and I am well aware of the proper age to separate this type of activity with my child. As far as male advice or the father's advice I won't be needing advice from either parties on this topic...I run this show. I do a phenomenal job about educating myself on what I believe is healthy behavior, and It does not matter to me what you think is healthy. I truly believe society can be so twisted in the way they view sexuality. It's not like I have aroma therapy candles and Barry White in the background setting a mood. Not that it is anyone's business. I am sure if someone were to see my son's father kiss him SOMEONE will suspect it is wrong...PLEASE,or even see his father naked? I think not, we are human and we have body parts. When he is the appropriate age for me to educate my child about the human body, I will do so. Should there be an age limit when this activity does not take place... sure! But I will not give my child the perception of seeing me or himself in that setting as unhealthy or damaging to his emotional and mental state. I grew up in a family that this was not an issue for. If you are thinking that something is wrong then you might need to check where your mind is. Not that it is anyone's business but my son is too young to know what any of this means.
All in all thanks for your comment.

Febuary's Girl said...

I totally understand and get where you are coming from. As a survivor or rape and molestation we are on the same page. I am also a former volunteer with DCRCC. I can see where you might believe I am opening a door for those with bad intentions...you also don't know how I structure my son's interaction with people, or even the people I know. I think you have some amazing points, but I also know you don't know me, my son or the people I associate with. For my household, my son is always with me, if he is not in school. The chances of him being in an unsafe and unfamiliar environment is right now slim to none. As a survivor I keep a tight leash and I continually keep myself informed of what to look out for. I will not always have this much control and so when he is old enough to be educated do all I can in my power to make sure he knows right from wrong. Thanks again!