Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Multitasking Mommy

So it is 2:15 am and Jackson is still up. He was doing so good for a while and then he is off schedule. There I am with relaxer in my hair in the shower and Jackson screaming at the top of his lungs. He wants me, he wants me to pick him up and he is acting like I was so far away. He was right at the end of the shower...water falling on the floor because he has the curtain back, he wants me to pick him up NOW!

My eyes are burning and Omar is trying his best to help me get his clothes off but he wants no parts of Omar's help. We finally get him in the shower with me but I am holding him in one hand and trying to wash the relaxer out with the other. I am partially blind at this point but he will not let me go, what can I do...nothing. I usually have to multitask nowadays because I am on my own. Some folks who are without kids would just suggest to plan better, with kids anything can happen.

Jackson and I usually eat and on the way wherever, I change diapers in the car, make calls,check email,clothing you name it I do...I have no choice. Most times I am so tired but you can't stop and rest there is always something to do. I just try to keep the home as tidy as I can and eat a decent meal when time permits. What's a momma to do. So as I am typing this blog he is now knocked out in my arms, what a lil tyrant,lol. I can lay him down and start working, this little bit of money will really come in handy.

The New Year is approaching and I am hoping I can get some rest/sleep with all I have going on.


Yours Truly the Multitasking Momma

No comments: