Thursday, June 04, 2009

Forgive

So back in the day when I fronted a band, I had a blow out with a former member. He said some things and done some things I said some things, it was really bad. I felt disrespected in the situation and needed him out of the equation. So he has since reached out to me twice, the first time I ignored him and this time I asked the question.

What do you want from me? Why do you keep trying to be my friend? I explained to him why I distanced myself and he asked to be forgiven. He apparently was not in a good place in his life and took it out on others. I can understand that and I can forgive him. I am not saying we are going to be kicking back with a few brews but I have let our past go.

There are things I have learned to let go and I am working hard to structure who I am to deal better when people are not kind. I know we will all make mistakes, I just have to allow folks to use my life as the foundation to make them. Forgiving, letting go and embracing.

Jesus said that you forgive them 70 times 7. However, this does not mean that you have to be their friend or take them back.

Jesus said that you forgive them 70 times 7. However, this does not mean that you have to be their friend or take them back.

No comments: